Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Finished Project!




My four year old grandson came up to me a few months ago and said he had something serious to talk to me about.  What could be so serious with a four year old.  I kneeled down and asked what was on his mind:  he said he really needed me to make him a quilt!  How do you say no to that?

So we talked about what he would like on his quilt:  he wanted stars, planets, spaceships and astronauts.  

I had a blast shopping for the fabric.  There is no set pattern for this quilt, it was made as I went.  It has constellations, rocket ships, suns, moons, and astronauts.  A labor of love!

His birthday is July 4!  I was able to finish it in time for his birthday!  I can't wait to give it to him!

Now to think of a new project!


top left corner of quilt
top right corner of quilt


bottom right corner of quilt

bottom left corner of quilt






Hard to get a picture of the whole quilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment