Monday, October 31, 2011

Crocheted Dish Cloths

     When the weather turns cold, I always get an urge to knit or crochet!  I need to have an easy to do project or it ends up getting partially done and set aside and forgotten.
     I have usually knitted dish cloths out of cotton yarn, but this year I decided to crochet some.
     I was also lucky and found some Bernat cotton twists on sale on Mary Maxim's website.  I was able to get a 1.5 ounces ball for 99 cents.
     Needless to say, I stocked up on them and started crocheting!

Here is the crochet dish pattern I came up with:

I used a 5.5 mm crochet hook.

Ch 26

1.  dc in the 2nd ch from the hook and in each ch across, ch 2, turn (25 stitches)
2.  dc in the third stitch from the needle and stitches all across, ch 2, turn
3.  repeat to desired length.  Mine are about 10 inches square

Border

1.  sc evenly around cloth, (3 sc ) in each corner.
2.  sl st to beg sc
3.  fasten off and weave in ends

I usually end up with a large surplus of these and give them out to family to use.  I like using them myself and they last a long time!  Plus they are fast and easy for instant gratification on finishing a project!


No comments:

Post a Comment