Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pumpkin Crisp

I changed the calendar to November and this delightful recipe was featured!

I had a fresh pumpkin that I used rather than canned pumpkin.

I used a winter luxury pie pumpkin, cut it in half and scraped out the seeds. I baked the pumpkin halves face down on a baking sheet at 385 degrees for about 45 minutes.

When cool enough, I scraped out the pulp and blended it in a food processor to create a puree.  Yum!  Fresh pumpkin is  nothing like can pumpkin!



Pumpkin Crisp

1 - 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 - 16 oz can pumpkin (I used fresh)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
3 eggs, beaten

1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter, melted

Combine first 6 ingredients and mix well
Pour into greased 9 X 13 baking dish.
Sprinkle dry cake mix on top, then sprinkle nuts over that.
Drizzle butter over top
Bake 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment