Thursday, November 10, 2011

Archery Class

Last night Mike and I attended the first of 3 classes of introduction to archery put on by the parks and recreation department.
The last time I shot bow and arrow was in a high school PE class and I won't tell you how long that has been.  Let's just say what I used for bow and arrow in the class is now considered primitive by today's standards!  Oh, there was a time a few years ago I used a cross bow at the carnival booth at Circus Circus in Las Vegas!  But I don't think that really counts!
We used a compound bow in class.  I couldn't believe how easy it was to pull the string back!  So much easier than I remember from the old days!
The emphasis for the first class was on form!  I think I made every mistake possible, but the instructor patiently corrected each error.  The hour and a half of class flew by!
Check out the link:  It shows an arrow being shot in super slow motion.  It is amazing how it twists and turns!

Click this link:
arrow in super slow motion

No comments:

Post a Comment