Monday, November 21, 2011

Crock Pot Chili

When I woke up this morning it was 24 degrees out!  That is my signal for comfort food!

I had some course cut beef already out, so it was an easy decision to get a batch of chili going.  The course cut beef comes from one of my favorite stores in Fallon:  Heck's Meat Market.  They have the best meat around:  local meat and they cut to order.

The house smells wonderful and it feels warmer!  Later, I will make some cornbread muffins to go with it.










Crock Pot Chili

1 1/2 pounds course ground beef, browned
2 onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
1 Jalapeno pepper, sliced, seeded and finely chopped
1 sweet red pepper, diced
1 chopped chili pepper (I dried some from summer and used one of these)
1 pound fresh tomatoes, skinned and sliced
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Put into crock pot and cook 6-8 hours on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment