Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Sweet Potato Challenge

I have a surplus of sweet potatoes.   I love sweet potatoes, but no one else in my family does.   I have challenged myself to find and try some recipes using sweet potatoes.  It has to be in a way that no one will really know they are eating sweet potatoes!  Right now you should be hearing the mission impossible theme!  

The first recipe I came up with is Sweet Potato Muffins.  My first try was delicious.  However it only used 1 sweet potato!  I have about 15 more potatoes!  I want to make a more healthy version of this muffin, so stand by for more additions to this post!



Sweet Potato Muffins

6 tablespoons Vegetable oil
2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup milk
1 1/2 cup peeled and shredded sweet potato
2/3 cup chopped walnuts

Warm oven to 375.  
Line muffin pan with papers
sift dry ingredients together
add the liquid (oil, egg & milk) 
and mix
blend in sweet potato and walnuts
Bake 25-30 minutes
Makes 1 dozen


No comments:

Post a Comment