Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Rustic Tweed Knit Cowl

I don't know what it is about winter, but I always get the urge to knit or crochet.  I also like easy to finish projects or they end up stored year after year and never get finished.

I had never heard of a cowl before.  It is basically a scarf that is knitted in the round.  It can be put around your neck once or doubled for extra warmth.

The pattern said it was fast, bun and takes about 3 hours to knit!  Just up my ally!  It uses size 13 needles and needs only two balls of Ironstone rustic tweed yarn.

I hate to admit it, but the first one took more like 9 hours or more to make.  I made every mistake you can make and took it apart and started it at least 4 times!  The second one went a lot smoother, but I am a slow knitter and it took me about 4-5 hours.

One of the hardest parts of knitting in the round is making sure you don't twist the stitches.  If you do, you end up with a Mobius strip, rather than a loop.  Yes, I ended up with one of those (another start over!).

This pattern can be found at this link:

http://blog.nobleknits.com/2011/04/rustic-tweed-knit-cowl-pattern-free.html

No comments:

Post a Comment