Thursday, November 3, 2011

Homemade Ice Cream

Ice cream brewing

Served with fresh raspberries




Homemade Vanilla ice cream!

I love appliances and gadgets!











I had an old ice cream maker that bit the dust.  It ended up with a hole in the bowl that you freeze.  It was leaking fluid, so it had to go.
Great excuse to get a new machine!
I ended up getting a Cuisinart model ICE-30BC ice cream maker from amazon.com.  It makes up to 2 quarts of yogurt, sorbet or ice cream.  I got it in the brushed metal finish to match my other appliances.
You can search for the ice cream maker on the amazon search box on the right.
I made my first batch today and it is delicious.
With the old machine, it ran until it got too thick and the machine would slow down.  With the new machine, there is no slow down:  just keep an eye on it and within 25-30 minutes it is done!



   Basic Vanilla Ice Cream

2 eggs
2/3 cup sugar
1 3/4 cup whole milk
2 cups half-n-half
2 tsp vanilla

Beat eggs and sugar until
thick and creamy, add milk,
half-n-half and vanilla: blend
until smooth.

Put into the ice cream maker 
until thick: about 25 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment