Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Seed and Bulbs

I just planted 50 Iris Hollandica bulbs in the back yard.  I also sprinkled a couple of areas with deer resistant wild flower mix.  I planted 1/4 pound of Mixed sun flower seeds along the front berm and along the border of the vegetable garden area.
Since I was on a roll, I decided to throw out a pound or two of grass seed in the front area.  Last year it was bare ground and I had put out about 10 pounds of seed.  The quail discovered it and ate the majority of the seed.  It was like night of the living dead:  every morning a swarm of quail would come and feast.  The number of quail would increase, until the seed was gone.  I ended up with a  little grass and a lot of weed.
I got the flower seeds and bulbs from Eden Brothers.  their web site is  www.edenbrothers.com
Hopefully in the spring there will a new look to the yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment