Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Quilt Block of the Month: January

Wonky Pound Sign block and Asterisk Block
I burned out on quilting a several years ago when I did 7 quilts in 2 months for Christmas.   I decided I needed to get back in the saddle when my 4 year old grandson approached me and said he had something serious to talk to me about.  When I bend down to listen to what was so important, he told me he would really like to have a quilt!

I figured a good way to get back into it was to do a block of the month.  Turns out Craftsy.com has a free online class for making 2 blocks a month!  I joined and this is a picture of my first 2 blocks.  It feels good to learn some new techniques!  My blocks are not perfect, but it has got me started again!

I wanted more of a stained glass look, so my main color is black with bright colored print.  The one on Craftsy uses white as the main color.  I can't follow all the rules!!  I like bright colors.  So, my Block of the Month project is started.

Other unfinished projects:  My grandson's quilt:  I am collecting stars, spaceship, and sky theme material.  I haven't decided what pattern I will use yet.

I also have a red work project started:  still need to embroider about half the blocks.

I have a bug jar quilt that needs to be put on the quilt frame for quilting.


Here is a link to Craftsy's online coarse.
http://www.craftsy.com/class/The-Craftsy-Block-of-the-Month/50

2 comments: